首页 > 英语资料 > 商务英语 > 商务英语口语 > BBC步入商界Unit 17 Comparing Products and Prices 比较产品和价格

BBC步入商界Unit 17 Comparing Products and Prices 比较产品和价格

露家 收藏 投稿 点赞 分享
BBC步入商界Unit 17 Comparing Products and Prices 比较产品和价格

微信扫码分享

Unit 17 Comparing products and prices 比较产品和价格

KATE MCKENNA: The Boss isn' t doing as well as we had hoped.
凯特.麦凯纳:“大老板”销售没有我们预计的好。

We didn' t launch at the right time.
我们推出产品的时间不太合适。

I myself don' t think the market was ready for us.
我本人认为市场还不成熟。

Dealer Dan came later and cheaper...Maybe we should move downmarket in a couple of key territories.
“商人丹”推出的时间迟,价格又便宜…… 或许我们该在几个主要地区把市场放在低收入消费者身上。

EDWARD GREEN: Excuse me, can I interrupt?
爱德华.格林:打扰一下,我能插一句吗?

DON BRADLEY: Sure.
堂.布拉德利:当然。

EDWARD GREEN: I' ve just had a call from Danny Mcneil at Eromart.
爱德华.格林:我刚刚接到丹尼.麦克内尔的电话。

KATE MCKENNA: Oh really?
凯特.麦凯纳:哦,真的吗?

EDWARD GREEN: He wants a meeting to discuss discounts.
爱德华.格林:他想开个会讨论一下优惠的问题。

Although he' s talking about a substantial order, he wants better terms than I can authorise.
尽管他说的订货数量很大,但他要的条件已经超出了给我的授权。

Would you prefer to deal with him yourself?
你要不要亲自处理?

DON BRADLEY: How larger a discount does he want?
堂.布拉德利:他要多大的优惠?

EDWARD GREEN: He didn' t say.
爱德华.格林:他不肯说。

But I think it' s higher than anything we' ve ever given before.
但我想比我们之前所有的优惠都高。

He loved the product, though.
不过,他到是喜欢这件产品。

I think he' s ready to negotiate.
我认为他是可以沟通的。

DON BRADLEY: I think it' s time that we worked on this together.
堂.布拉德利:我认为到了我们齐心协力做这件事情的时候了。

Do you agree?
你同意吗?

EDWARD GREEN: Yes!
爱德华.格林:同意!

KATE MCKENNA: Edward, are you coming down to the workshop?
凯特.麦凯纳:爱德华,你要来研发室吗?

Derek wants to show us his latest idea.
德里克想给我们看一下他最新的想法。

EDWARD GREEN: Okay. I' ll join you later.
爱德华.格林:好的。我过会来。

DON BRADLEY: No, I think Derek wants to talk to the whole team.
堂.布拉德利:不,我认为德里克想告诉整个团队。

Come on!
来吧!

KATE MCKENNA: Well, it' s a terrific idea, but how much will it cost to develop?
凯特.麦凯纳:嗯,是个好注意,但生产出来要多少成本?

DEREK JONES: Not as much as you think.
德里克.琼斯:不会比你想的多。

KATE MCKENNA: It will be too expensive.
凯特.麦凯纳:会太贵的。

DEREK JONES: No, not really.
德里克.琼斯:不,不会。

I have prepared a long, detailed, careful analysis of the development costs.
我已经准备了一份详尽严谨的生产成本分析。

See for yourself.
你们自己看吧。

KATE MCKENNA: It will never sell.
凯特.麦凯纳:销路不会好。

Who' s the market for this?
谁是目标市场?

DEREK JONES: It is more upmarket than Big Boss but it will still appeal to kids as well as executives and office workers.
德里克.琼斯:这比“大老板”还要接近高消费市场,但也会吸引儿童以及经理人和办公室工作人员。

KATE MCKENNA: But that' s the problem Derek.
凯特.麦凯纳:不过,德里克,这就是问题所在啊。

There' s no market focus.
没有市场焦点。

Do you remember the Easirite two years ago?
你还记得两年前的Easirite 吗?

We had a beautiful well-designed but expensive product.
我们这款产品外表美观、设计精美但价格太高。

It was great.
产品很不错。

Parents and children could both use it.
家长和孩子们都用。

But could we sell it?
但我们有卖动吗?

No, it failed because we hadn' t defined our market.
没有,我们没有成功就是因为没有划定市场。

DEREK JONES: But this is different.
德里克.琼斯:但这款不同。

This is more fun than Easirite.
这个比Easirite还有趣。

DON BRADLEY: The costings look okay, but it has too many moving parts.
堂.布拉德利:生产费还好,不过活动的部件太多。

DEREK JONES: So does a car, but that seems to sell.
德里克.琼斯:汽车也是这样啊,还不是照卖不误。

KATE MCKENNA: That' s not the point.
凯特.麦凯纳:问题不在这里。

The more moving parts you have the more likely something will go wrong
活动的部件越多,出错的可能性就越大。

DEREK JONES: I don' t agree.
德里克.琼斯:我不同意。

DON BRADLEY: Let抯' s just hold on a second and think about this.
堂.布拉德利:我们先等等,仔细考虑一下。

Derek, you like the concept and think it will sell; Kate, you can' t see a market for it.
德里克,你喜欢这个概念,并且认为会有市场;凯特,你认为不会有市场。

KATE MCKENNA: I can' t see where it fits in our product range.
凯特.麦凯纳:我看不出这件产品该归入那个系列。

DON BRADLEY: I' m inclined to agree with Kate.
堂.布拉德利:我倾向凯特的意见。

This is much more expensive than anything else we market.
这件产品比我们销售的任何产品都贵。

KATE MCKENNA: Although it' s a wonderful idea, we just won' t be able to sell it.
凯特.麦凯纳:虽然想法很棒,我们却卖不动。

You must see that yourself, Derek.
德里克,你本人也一定是这样看的吧。

DEREK JONES: Well not really...
德里克.琼斯:也不是……

DON BRADLEY: Edward, what do you think?
堂.布拉德利:爱德华, 你认为怎么样?

EDWARD GREEN: Can I just check something here Derek?
爱德华.格林:德里克,我能不能先确认一下?

Are you saying that there is a plastic thin enough and flexible enough to make this realistic?
你是不是在说有这样一种够细又够柔韧的塑料来使这一切成为现实?

DEREK JONES: Exactly.
德里克.琼斯:一点不错。

EDWARD GREEN: That' s brilliant.
爱德华.格林:太好了。
On paper, I think it' s the most remarkable thing I' ve seen.
从理论上来说,我认为那是我见过的最非凡的东西。

DON BRADLEY: Well, maybe Edward has something.
堂.布拉德利:或许爱德华有这方面的资料。

Maybe we ought to have a closer look.
或许我们该看的得更细些。

DANNY MCNEIL: I don' t know what' s happened to your boss.
丹尼.麦克内尔:不知道你老板有什么事。

He knows I never start my meetings late.
他知道我从不晚开会的。

Do you want to wait here for Don or would you rather look around?
你要在这儿等堂还是四处走走?

EDWARD GREEN: If it' s alright with you, I' d like to look around.
爱德华.格林:如果你没什么问题,我想四处走走。

DANNY MCNEIL: Good choice.
丹尼.麦克内尔:选的不错。

DANNY McNEIL: Of course, I have two or three meetings a day with sales people like you.
丹尼.麦克内尔:当然,我每天和跟你一样的销售人员开2、3次会。

EDWARD GREEN It' s very good of you to see me.
爱德华.格林: 你能来看我真是太好了。

DANNY MCNEIL: I always talk to my suppliers myself--it' s the best way of working.
丹尼.麦克内尔:我一直跟我的供应商讲--这是最佳的工作方式。

And I always prefer to bring them down here--they get a better idea of our operation.
并且我总是把他们带到这里--他们会有更好的运营想法。

They must understand how we work.
他们必须明白我们是怎样工作的。

Our success is based upon a certain formula.
我们的成功是有一定的规则的。

Whereas most supermarkets target individual territories, our products are pan-European.
尽管大多数超市把目标市场定在单个的区域,我们的产品是面向全欧洲的。

We always buy in the products with the best sales performance--products with a proven track record.
我们总是购买销售最佳的产品--那些被证明有记录的产品。

We look for the biggest discounts, and we usually get them.
我们寻求最大的优惠,通常我们也会得到最大的优惠。

DANNY MCNEIL: Mcneil.
丹尼.麦克内尔:麦克内尔。

DON BRADLEY: Danny, it' s Don Bradley here.
堂.布拉德利:丹尼,我是堂.布拉德利 。

DANNY MCNEIL: Good Morning, Don.
丹尼.麦克内尔:早上好, 堂。

I thought I was meeting you here.
我原以为会在这里跟你见面的。

DON BRADLEY: I' m sorry Danny.
堂.布拉德利:对不起,丹尼。

That was the plan, but I' m going to be late.
本来计划是这样的,但我会迟点。

This meeting is taking longer than expected.
这次会议比预期的要长。

DANNY MCNEIL: Oh. When can you get here?
丹尼.麦克内尔:哦。你什么时候可以到这里?

DON BRADLEY: I' ll be there as soon as I can.
堂.布拉德利:我会尽快赶到那里。

Is Edward with you?
爱德华跟你一起吗?

DANNY MCNEIL: He is.
丹尼.麦克内尔:他在。

DON BRADLEY: Could you start the meeting without me?
堂.布拉德利:你可以不要管我,开始开会吗?

Edward knows the situation.
爱德华知道情况。

Oh, and can I have a quick word with him?
哦,我能跟他很快地说两句吗?

DANNY MCNEIL: I' ll pass the phone to him.
丹尼.麦克内尔:我会把电话给他。

DANNY McNEIL: Okay. It' s for you--it抯 Don Bradley, he抯 got a problem.
丹尼.麦克内尔:好的。找你的--是堂.布拉德利,他出点问题。

EDWARD GREEN: Oh, thanks.
爱德华.格林:哦,谢谢。

DANNY MCNEIL: Would you like a word in private?
丹尼.麦克内尔:你们要私下谈吗?

EDWARD GREEN: If you don' t mind.
爱德华.格林:如果你不介意。

DON BRADLEY: Sorry Edward.
堂.布拉德利:抱歉,爱德华。

I' m stuck in a meeting here.
我还在这边开会。

You' ll have to deal with Mcneil by yourself.
你得自己对付麦克内尔了。

EDWARD GREEN: Oh.
爱德华.格林:哦。

DON BRADLEY: Can you talk?
堂.布拉德利:你说话方便吗?

EDWARD GREEN: Yes, he' s stepped away for a few minutes.
爱德华.格林:是的,他离开了几分钟。

Do you really want me to negotiate?
你真的想让我谈判?

Wouldn' t you rather postpone the meeting?
你不能推迟会议吗?

DON BRADLEY: How do you feel about it?
堂.布拉德利:你认为呢?

EDWARD GREEN: I' m happy to go ahead, I think.
爱德华.格林:我认为,我会很高兴可以继续下去。

DON BRADLEY: You don' t sound sure.
堂.布拉德利:你语气不是很肯定啊。

EDWARD GREEN: I' m not.
爱德华.格林:是不肯定。

DON BRADLEY: Look: we' ve talked about this negotiation.
堂.布拉德利:听我说:我们谈过这次谈判。

You know the game plan.
你也知我们的计划。

Do your best...I' ll be there as soon as I can.
尽力去做……我会尽快赶过去。

EDWARD GREEN: Okay Don.
爱德华.格林:好的,堂。

I' ll do what I can. See you later.
我会尽力的。稍后见。

DANNY MCNEIL: Okay?
丹尼.麦克内尔:好了?

EDWARD GREEN: Yes, thanks.
爱德华.格林:是的,谢谢。

DANNY MCNEIL: So Don can' t make it.
丹尼.麦克内尔:这么说堂赶不及了。

Oh well, right, what was I saying?
哦,好吧,我刚刚说到哪儿了?

Oh yes: discounts.
哦,对了:优惠。

EDWARD GREEN: We' re certainly happy to talk about possible discounts.
爱德华.格林:能谈一下可能的优惠,我们是十分开心的。

DANNY MCNEIL: You see this?
丹尼.麦克内尔:你看到了吗?

EDWARD GREEN: Yes.
爱德华.格林:是的。

DANNY MCNEIL: How many of these do you think we' ve sold in Europe in the last month?
丹尼.麦克内尔:你认为我们上个月在欧洲售出了多少?

EDWARD GREEN: 1,800 - 2,000.
爱德华.格林:1,800 - 2,000件。

DANNY McNEIL: We sell more than that weekly.
丹尼.麦克内尔:我们每周的销售量都比这多。

EDWARD GREEN: How much do you sell it for?
爱德华.格林:你们的定价是多少呢?

DANNY MCNEIL: This retails in France for 130 FF--we sell it much cheaper--90FF.
丹尼.麦克内尔:这个在法国的零售价是130法郎--我们卖的很便宜--90法郎。

EDWARD GREEN: That' s very impressive.
爱德华.格林:很不错嘛。

DANNY MCNEIL: I work on higher volumes and I have to move products faster than any other retailer.
丹尼.麦克内尔:我们做的是更大的量,我必须比其他的零售商工作要快。

That means I operate on smaller margins.
这就意味着我的利润率很低。

And, I repeat, I expect the largest discounts in the industry.
我再次重复,我想要这行里最大的优惠。

But over here--here' s a product that failed.
但,这儿--这个产品我们没有成功。

We made a mistake with this one--of course, I didn' t select this one myself.
我们在这个产品上犯了错--当然,这个不是我本人选的产品。

Right you' ve seen how our operation works.
好了,你也了解了我们的运作情况。

You know what I' m after.
你也知道我想要的是什么。

Let' s get down to business.
我们就公事公办吧。

Would you prefer to talk here or in my office?
你愿意在这儿还是到我的办公室谈?

EDWARD GREEN: The office is fine.
爱德华.格林:到办公室吧。

精选图文

221381
领取福利

微信扫码领取福利

BBC步入商界Unit 17 Comparing Products and Prices 比较产品和价格

微信扫码分享